6 November 2012
Check out new and returning exhibitors at Design City 2012
Design City 2012 takes place from Nov. 17-19 at Toronto's Direct Energy Centre, and features a number of top exhibitors serving the graphic design community.
Those exhibitors include:
- AFIX poster display systems, offering innovative poster display options
- Cascades paper, which manufactures 50% and 100% recycled printing and digital papers
- Fotolia, with over 18 million royalty-free photos, vectors and HD videos
- Kallima paper, featuring "extreme paperboarder" Tony D and a chance to win an iPad
- Pearson Technology Group, a publisher of design technology books who will partner with Swipe Design (a Toronto independent bookstore) at the show
- PEFC Canada, representing organizations certified to the PEFC-endorsed CSA Sustainable Forest Management Standard
- RGD Ontario, a professional design association representing more than 3,000 designers, managers, educators and students
- Neo Portables (Neo Tech Industries), specializing in manufacturing and distributing both indoor and outdoor media displays
- Shutterstock, with a library of more than 20 million stock photographs and vector illustrations (Shutterstock is handing out five hi res images to booth visitors)
- Sign O City, one of the largest manufacturers of election signs and frames in Canada; Sustainable Forestry Initiative, a non-profit organization with an internationally recognized forest management standard
- Unisource Canada, one of the largest distributors packaging, wide format, printing and imaging products
- Ultima Displays Canada, a B2B supplier of modular and portable display systems to the sign, print and display industries.
Adobe and Apple certified trainer Eliquo returns to Design City. Eliquo is a software training centre 100% focused on training for graphic design, web, video, PDF forms, and interactive design. The company also specializes in the burgeoning field of universal or accessible design, now mandated by some jurisdictions including Ontario.
And speaking of accessible design, universal (accessible) design consultant David Berman is bringing his expertise to Design City 2012 where he'll be leading a day-long seminar entitled The New Standard on Web Accessibility: WCAG 2.0. The seminar on Monday, Nov. 19 will cover how to comply with Ontario's new laws on accessibility and the WCAG 2.0 guidelines on access for disabilities. Attendees of the seminar will have full access to the show floor during Design City's entire three-day run.
And don't forget to check out another Design City first, the National Geographic Image Collection, which owns one of the most comprehensive and unique collections of photographs, video and original artwork in the world.
Avoid the line-ups and pay only $9 + HST for entry to Design City 2012 (on-site entry costs $18 + HST). Design City is a show within the larger Print World 2012 show. Attendees to Design City gain full access to Print World 2012 to check out the many new printing effects and technology. Register in advance here.
Most Read Stories
Most Recent Comment
Most Recent Blog Comment